For Sale 1991 Syncro 4WD Westfalia
Buy Classic Volks – Volkswagen Syncro Westfalia 4WD for sale at California, USA. Excellent condition. Great 1991 VW SYNCRO (4WD) 2.5 Westfalia Full Camper. We priced this after comparing the last 22 Syncro campers in past 6 years by GoWesty, looking at mileage, condition, upgrades & restorations on all 22 & ours. This price is quite fair, considering everything almost all the others don’t have. This is our first VW Westy camper, bought from 2nd owner-a private party 1/’06. Finally the configuration’s exactly as we want, but then hurt my knee & shoulder causing pain getting in & out w/2” lift kit. Almost all of very significant upgrades, restoration & repairs were done by the GoWesty experts, & it has always been garaged. YOU MUST SEE!
Volkswagen Type 2
|Model||4WD Syncro Westfalia Full Camper|
All GoWesty & other invoices plus CARFAX Report (totally clean & w/all their guarantees offered) available online.
Options: 5 speed manual w/Granny low, all 3 knobs: 4WD + true front/rear lockers, A/C, front & rear heaters & defrosters, cruise, PS, PB, PW, front/rear windshield wipers/washers, power door locks, keyless entry, stereo, all original curtains, Dometic 3-way refrigerator, sink, & 2 portable eating/work tables & poles.
Upgrades and Restoration:
- GoWesty 2500 cc (was 2100 cc) waterboxer motor w/indestructible pistons (125 hp. = +39%/175 ft-lbs. torque = +50%): replaced at 176,910 mi on 11/21/10 & now about 182,500 mi (less than 6,000 mi, GoWesty Road Warrior 4 year/48,000 mi Nationwide transferable (no cost) warranty. Same fuel economy if driven the same (15/16 city, 19/20 hwy. w/cruise). After break-in period, only Mobil 1 synthetic oil & filter (15-50 oil/M1-205 filter), & changed every 3,000 mi. (not 3,500 as rec’d.), & 2.5 VW matching emblem beside Syncro emblem on PS of the rear hatch.
- GoWesty gears: 2nd (1.18:1=8.7% higher) / 3rd (1.18:1=4% taller / 4th (0.77:1=9% taller).
- GoWesty custom-geared transaxle & front diff: 5.43:1 final drives, front & rear (12% lower).
- Original (4WD) Viscous coupler replaced w/a true 4WD (drive shaft de-coupler & solid shaft).
- South African BIG brakes.
- South African upper and lower grills.
- 2 in. GoWesty lift kit.
- Porsche 911 power window system w/dash switches.
- Porsche 930 Turbo rear axle system.
- GoWesty custom double swing-away bumper-mounted rear steel shelves/racks: DS=mounted spare & 5 gal. gas can, PS=shelf for 2 KW gas generator.
- Yakima roof rack system.
- GoWesty steel plate bumpers w/integral 2 in hitch in rear.
- GoWesty’s off-road kit: 5 Michellin P250x70Rx16’s & GoWesty alloy wheels w/5-locking nuts.
- Bed-liner (black) texture coat on entire lower body.
- Deluxe auxiliary 2nd battery system w/2 Interstate MTP-91 heavy duty batteries.
- Jensen stereo w/surr. sound: TV/CD/DVD/AM-FM w/7 in. tilt-up/swivel touch screen, w/remote.
- Drop down SSL DVD/TV 15 in. monitor/2 wireless/infrared headphones & remote.
- 500 watt JC Audio amplifier & woofer speaker below rear seating.
- Fiamma F45 10 ft. x 10 ft. x 6+ ft. high awning.
- Old Man Emu shocks & struts all around.
- Cobra C/B system w/dash speaker, high power amplifier w/high power antenna.
- 3 vent 100% acrylic pop-top tent, w/zippered/covered/screened openings.
- 2 GoWesty’s snap on mosquito screens for side (zippered) & rear openings.
- GoWesty snap on Rainfly: waterproof tent cover.
- Coleman 1200 watt inverter w/2-110 volt receptacles: 6 total in Westy.
- Refrigerator has an extra custom electric exhaust fan… keeps food at 32-33 degrees.
- Side step for sliding door entry w/heavy-duty grab handle at entryway.
- Repainted factory Bordeaux (Burgundy) with all decals – black.
- Halogen outside & Hella inside headlights: w/high output load reduction relay kit for Halogens.
- Wurth rubberized undercoating, complete steam-cleaning, & all rusted parts replaced.
- Grover diesel truck air horn & compressor, tee configuration, & rubber hose & air fitting.
- Roadmaster tow setup & RV wiring, & auxiliary synchronized airbrakes.
- Keyless entry w/2 remotes.
- Updated propane tank.
- Side step for sliding door entry.
- Skid plate w/air compressor above it.
- Hot Wire air mass sensor replaced old-fashioned air flow meter.
- Bosch high-powered, clear lens fog lights for back up lights.
- 4 smoked signal lens covers.
- 4 illuminated 12 volt connections.
- 2 new fluorescent lights above in kitchen: cooktop & storage/closet area.
- Solar trickle charger for start battery, on dash.
- 3 heavy-duty grab handles: both front doors & sliding door entry.
- Roof painted silver: reflects heat from camper’s interior.
- 4-GoWesty mud flaps.
- Curved tailpipe end to help avoid water intrusion into exhaust system.
- Rubber floor mats, heavy duty: front/aisle/rear.
- Campmobile cargo area matching grey carpet mat.
- 1 hidden anti-theft kill switch.
- Streamlight Strion always-charged, super bright flashlight behind driver’s seat.
- Covercraft® car cover.
- Complete VW service manual, & all OEM owner manuals.
- And on, and on, and on, and on…
Repairs and Replacements: All normal maintenance timely, Syncro tranny, A/C condenser& all the seals/gaskets/hoses, Bosch alternator, aluminum OEM radiator, OEM water pump, full Vanagon GL waterboxer clutch job & w/fly wheel, wheel cylinders, cooling/fuel/elec. systems gone thru completely, w/many replacements, proportioning valve, dash instruments replaced/repaired/recalibrated & straightened gas tank neck so if fuel gauge’s at red line… it has 2 gals. in the tank… when at empty… it’s EMPTY!, spring pads, $1,600+ reliability servicing-Inv. 75995P 7/01/2006 w/lots of Bosch® parts, $2,500+ GoWesty super-duper ultra-major service w/all items back to zero miles… & lots, lots more.