For Sale, Porsche 550 Replica
Price 12,900 USD
Buy Classic Volks – this Porsche 550 Replica for sale in United States. This is a classic Porsche spyder was built few years ago based on 1967 VW chassis and motor. Nice Porsche 550 Replica, Turn Key , (Need to sell ASAP) asking $12900. If you interested please read more details below provided by its owner.
|Engine||1967 Volkswagen 1600cc dual port|
Details by owner
Available is my Porsche 550 replica. I have spent a considerable amount of time and money over the last few years building/sorting this replica. As with many Porsche kits, it’s built off a VW pan/chassis VIN # 117771754
I initially started this kit due to my want for a Porsche 550. I drove many kits to include Beck, and Thunder Ranch before purchasing. These are excellent kits; unfortunately the main down fall is their lack of comfort. I found most kits to be very difficult to drive if your 6ft or over such as myself, and offered zero storage. The kit I found suited my needs for long distance travel comfort, and is useable for tall drivers. This kit was the Perry D, a complete kit utilizing a type 2 VW chassis. Early in the build process I changed many things on the kit at extensive cost to achieve a higher quality/more refined car “I can go into detail with an interested buyer”.
Please be mindful that I need to sell this car soon, so only contact me if you’re a serious buyer.
Located 1.5 hours south of Tacoma off of I-5.
Here is a quick categorized overview of the car in an effort to keep the ad short:
- Started with a fully rebuilt dual port 1600 VW motor. This motor received many upgrades for reliability and performance during the rebuild.
- New Big Valve CB Performance heads.
- New Mahle piston/cylinder kit
- Engle 110 Performance Cam shaft (installed with new lifters, proper break in procedure followed)
- New distributor with Pertronix Electronic Ignition installed.
- Complete Hand Fabricated Stainless Exhaust system (expensive time consuming process)
- New Empi high capacity oil cooler with thermo activated cooling fan set to engage at 180F. The engine runs very cool, fan rarely engages.
- Rebuilt transmission, to include all new shift linkage & short throw shifter.
- New 90amp internally regulated alternator, new starter, new cooling fan with alloy fan Shroud.
- New clutch, new clutch cable, and new flywheel
- Both pulleys replaced with SunCo Billet Alloy pulleys.
- New dual 34mm Carb Kit
- The pan was completely rebuilt front to back to include new floor pans.
- New adjustable shocks all four corners
- Complete new brakes all four corner to include new master cylinder (stops very well)
- New Wheels staggered 4″ wide upfront, 5.5″ wide in back, new Porsche Hub caps, and new tires
- All new tie rods, ball joints, new polyurethane bushings throughout, new steering stabilizer
- New steering box, and new steering shaft bearings (very tight steering)
- Body is sorted with all mounting points attached, doors, hood, and rear lid all open easily without issue.
- Car has been completely wired, and is fully functional to include all lighting, gauges, charging system, and all drive train electrical.
- Authentic Porsche 356 rear engine cover grilles, OEM VW headlight assemblies “new”, all trim emblems and lighting are new as well.
- Body finished in “hotrod” satin black; the car will easily be ready for paint with minor body work.
- New seats with seat heaters (makes for comfortable driving, they heat quickly)
- New carpet kit, new door skins/padding
- Complete gauge set used from Porsche 914
- Mona Lita Wood steering wheel, with matching wood shift knob.
- All switches, ignition, door latch assemblies, and pedal assembly are brand new.
In summary this is a kit that can be driven reliably, comfortably, and with little finishing work could be a show winning car. I would say the car is over 90% complete, and will not disappoint. If you’ve ever built a kit car, then you’ll know your far better off buying one in this condition financially & time wise rather than starting from scratch. Easy to finish, or enjoy as is for the rest of the summer.
Easy to register/title under the original VIN # of a 67 VW Beetle. However, if needed I can get a title expedited through DMV but you will cover the cost.