For Sale 1950 VW Split Bug OG
Buy Classic Volks – 1950 Original Split Beetle for sale in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. September 14, 1950 Type 1 Beetle, delivered to Scania-Vabis Sweden, shipped within past 15 years from Malmo Sweden to USA. Matching numbers chassis, body, and engine with VW Birth certificate to verify. Very original, great running and looking vehicle and based on the known history and verifiable original condition, it is believed to have only 72,000 km’s.
Volkswagen Type 1
|Model||Beetle Split Window|
- All original body panels & fenders
- Original floor pans and undercarriage. No Rust, even under battery!
- Floor pans on interior have high gloss factory black paint in pristine condition.
- 5 AVON tires and 5 x 16” rims.
- Split bumpers in great condition along with hubcaps and exterior trim.
- Original interior paint and seat material, including cardboard tags under seat cushions, and rare tan floor mats.
- Carpet and headliner look to have been replaced but are in great condition and correct for the year.
- Original paint on interior and engine compartment.
- More recent exterior paintjob probably put on prior to shipment out of Europe that is original color and in good condition with a few minor issues (4 areas of bubbles). Probably a 7 out of 10 on paint quality. If I keep the car, I would respray it.
- Telefunken radio, not hooked up but restored and in working condition with power supply. Willing to shed $3k off the price if this is removed. I have original dated Clock and Pod also that will replace the radio if removed.
- Glove box covers in great working condition with original keys
- Original 25hp engine and transmission in great running condition.
- Original luggage in rear!!! Seriously!! Luggage!
- Added supplemental 7″ Huge Stop light on rear bumper
Photos and Videos: http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/Rich_Mueller/library/1950%20VW%20Beetle
Not for trade. Serious inquiries only please.
Welcome and assist for International buyers.
Location the bug in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA