For Sale 1986 Syncro Westfalia Wolfsberg Weekender Multivan
Buy Classic Volks – Volkswagen Syncro Westfalia Wolfsberg Weekender Multivan for sale at Inverness, California, USA. Excellent condition. Beautiful 1986 Factory original Syncro Wolfsberg Weekender Westy
Volkswagen Type 2
|Model||4WD Syncro Westfalia Camper Van|
214k miles are on chassis with extensive upgrades front to back!
Go Westy had the van for four months in the winter/spring, and did the following work:
Body / Interior / Pop Top:
- A complete windows out paint job with three coats of clear was done last winter, painted in VW Vanagon brown on bottom and VW pearl green metallic on top. A heavy protective black bed liner coating was applied all around at bumper level and into the foot wells up front. Newer rear windows were installed with flow through ventilation ducting. All new rubber on all windows installed. Body is rust free.
- Underside of van cleaned, undercoating renewed where needed, underside is dry and rust free
- The brown interior is in excellent condition throughout.
- New acrylic tan 3-window pop-top tent installed
- Pop-top lift assist kit installed, with four extra attach points for two additional struts (included), for use when extra loads are on the roof rack. The pop-top is WAY easier to raise now, with this kit installed!
- New front door window rubber scrapers installed, all rubber around windows perfect.
- Front door and sliding door handles replaced with nice powder coated set, all seals replaced.
- Right and Left electric mirror glass replaced with new mirror glass.
- Swing out Weekender table completely serviced, latch installed, works great, closes flush and stays put.
- All curtain tiebacks replaced, all curtains work smoothly.
Engine / mechanical:
- New 2.5 L Go Westy motor, which now has around 2,000 mi on break in, runs excellent. Oil changed at 1,000 miles. The engine was smogged at 212, 998 miles and had extremely low levels of CO2, O2, Hydrocarbon and CO. Specific results are available upon request.
- Go Westy Road Warrior warranty on motor included / transferable to new owner
- New Go Westy Electronic Fuel Injection system installed, adding knock and map, eliminating old, obsolete Digifant EFI system
- New Go Westy stainless steel exhaust system with cat and saddles installed
- All new V belts, thermostat, thermostat housing, hoses, new senders, connectors, and other related parts installed.
- All related cooling system hoses in engine area replaced
- New heavy clutch
- Transaxle drained and filled with Redline heavy-duty synthetic fluid (which was also done around 7k miles ago). Transaxle shifts as new, all syncros work perfectly, all shift bushings/linkage lubed (Transaxle was rebuilt approximately 40k miles ago)
- Underside of van thoroughly inspected for safety and everything checked out for safety and function.
- Go Westy heavy-duty starter, which cranks the new high compression motor with ease
- Alternator wiring harness replaced
- 110 volt to 12-volt charger upgraded with newer unit, hooked up to auxiliary battery
- Two German 12 volt power outlets installed in dash
- All exterior lights checked, contacts cleaned, all brake, turn, marker and headlights work, as they should.
- High power dual reverse lights now have a toggle kill switch to keep from blinding people behind the van when these auxiliary back up lights are not needed.
Brakes / Wheels / Tires:
- Front brake rotors to big brake kit were lightly machined, post bread in period
- Five 16-inch Go Westy wheels and good used Michelin 215/70-16 LTX Tires installed (includes spare)
In the past two years, the following work has been done:
- Entire cooling system replaced, including GW stainless steel coolant pipes upgrade
- AC system completely gone through and serviced. Blows cold, works great
- Major service done including upper and lower ball joints, new fuel pump, new idle valve, new radiator fan, new rear wheel bearings
- South African big brake kit installed along with stainless steel brake lines all around
- Go Westy solar, roof mounted and detachable solar charging panel and electronics installed
- 110 volt to 12-volt charger installed
- Charging system totally dialed in, to work with solar charger and AC charger
- Extra VDO gauges installed for oil temp, oil pressure, and cooling temp that reads water temp after thermostat opens-factory water temp gage reads temp at thermostat
- South African big brake kit installed
- GW progressive rate springs with 2” lift, and German Boge shocks installed all around
- Ultra high powered round headlights installed in South African grille upgrade
- Go Westy bumpers installed front and rear, with 2” receiver for trailer hitch, plus trailer wiring kit.
- Hitch mounted carrier for spare tire/luggage/extra fuel cans/cooler/luggage installed
- Go Westy winch wiring kit installed front and rear along with front bumper winch mount
- High powered reverse lights installed
- two 12-volt power outlets installed in passenger seat base
- Passenger seat swivel installed
- All new screens installed
- Extra front table bracket installed, table and table arm stowed under rear seat
- 1100 Power Inverter with LED display installed behind driver’s seat
- CB radio integrated into mic installed
- Continuous roof rack rails with Tule rack installed. Attachment points to fiberglass pop top reinforced with continuous 1/4” aluminum plate on the inside of fiberglass, front to back
- Flamma awning installed
- Pioneer flip face touch screen stereo installed, works with I Pod and I Phone, control functions, including Pandora, from touch screen, can be hooked up to satellite radio, built in DVD and CD player, rear camera equipped, subwoofer and four new speakers all around
There were numerous other details done, too many to list here. I have all receipts since I bought the van.
Go Westy took this van to Baja during the making of the BUS movie, and it is included in the film.
I have invested over $60k in this great vehicle.
This van has been a joy to own and drive, since I originally purchased it 5 years ago. I have other projects going, and it is time to pass it on to its new owner.
I am asking $54K for the van, or best reasonable offer. Check around, and you will see this van is priced very fairly.
Location the Syncro in Inverness, California, USA