For Sale Excellent 1981 VW Scirocco MK1
Price $6250 USD
Buy Classic Volks – this 1981 VW Scirocco MK1 for sale in Everett, Washington. Probably is a remarkable example of the first generation Volkswagen Scirocco where is built in 1981. As is said to be excellent condition with a younger engine coming from a VW Cabriolet 1988 model year was rebuilt and finished by a retired VW mechanic. As we’ve see here all looks awesome, never been hit, very solid and dry body frame, the interior looks good and clean, wish no crack on the dash-pad and no ripped in the seats. Sound good very worthy to considered, was being on Craigslist about 14 days ago.
Listing this for a semi retired VW mechanic buddy with 40+ yrs experience, he isn’t an internet/computer user and only has a home phone (no cell or text). 81 Scirocco in excellent condition, never been hit, originally a California car. Car was repainted once 4 yrs ago in the original “river blue” color and clear coated. Last year of the Mk 1 body style with drivability and performance upgrades.
Photobucket link with 15 pictures and a video of the engine running. http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/icemanhd3/library/1981%20VW%20Scirocco
- Paint/Body/Rust — Body is in great shape with no accidents and 1 repaint in the original river blue color 4 yrs ago.
- Interior — Interior and carpet are original except for the upgraded black leather seats from an 84 Scirocco. Kenwood AM/FM/CD with detachable faceplate and Sony 6 x 9s in the rear.
- Engine — Stock 1715cc motor was upgraded to an 1800cc engine from an 88 Cabriolet but uses CIS fuel injection which allows for better adjustment and tuning was preserved. GTI exhaust and upgraded (larger) throttle body. Car runs and drives great.
- Wheels/Tires — 16V alloys were purchased new with Falken 195/60 14 tires in great shape
- Suspension — Upgraded GTI sway bars
- Other — Clear Washington title
To do list is very short, there is a crack in the lower left hand corner of the windshield.