For Sale, 1985 Volkswagen Scirocco MK2
Buy Classic Volks – Volkswagen Scirocco for Sale in Colorado, USA. 1985 MK2 Scirocco with 1988 1.8L 8v GT engine (CIS) and 9A transmission.
|1988 1.8L 8v GT engine
I picked this car up about a year ago from a mechanic nearby who had just installed the motor (along with new mounts). Since then, I have done the following:
– New timing belt, tension pulley, water pump, and front engine seals
– New alternator, battery, spark plugs, distributor rotor and cap
– Rebuilt instrument cluster with all working components
– New driver’s side CV axel and front wheel bearing
– New rear wheel bearings on both rear wheels (rebuilt spindle on driver’s)
– New front brake pads, master cylinder, and complete rear brake service including shoes, new seals, drums, and system flush
– Replaced original transmission with guaranteed used transmission
– Replaced/repaired/cleaned various hardware, ports, valves, etc…
– Recently replaced primary fuel filter and air filter
– Oil/oil filter change approx. every 3k miles
Some of these repairs I’ve done myself, while others I’ve kept the receipts for.
Of course, being an older car, there are a few quirks:
– No air conditioning
– Two small dings in body
– In need of new struts
– Moon roof in need of repair (but is closed and does not leak)
– Semi-rough start (after talking to numerous mechanics and doing much research, this seems to be a common and benign occurrence in older CIS engines)
Other than those few items, she is really in fantastic condition. Minimal paint damage (clear coat not flakey or peeling) and near perfect glass (one small chip in front windshield). Pirelli tires in decent condition. Interior shows age, but is in good condition with minor cracks in the dash (no lifting), no tears in the seats, headliner still perfectly attached. All gages and lights work on dash, along with radio. Horn works. All exterior lights work. Car runs and drives great and has never given me any problems. This is my daily driver, but I’d like to sell her in order to again drive my Westfalia that has been in storage.